It’s so easy to get caught up in the “challenge madness” of the beginning of each new year. January comes around and I’m ready to dive in to far more challenges than I can honestly handle – come on, they all sound so fun – but I’ve learned to be selective, to pick the ones that I have a chance of keeping up with given that there is always some “real life” not “reading life” issue that will crop up.
So when another blogger’s post about this challenge popped up in my feed I took a look – and yeah, 2020 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge really does fit in with my reading style and my own plan for the coming year. (You can find out everything you need to know by clicking either on that text link above or on the graphic link over there <– )
More details are on the next page.
Here’s the guidelines and basics from Celebrity Readers website:
While we’re pretty lax about how you wish to set up this challenge for yourself, we do have a few guidelines to follow.
- The challenge will run from January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2020. Books must be read during this time frame to count. Sign up is open from now until December 1st, 2020, so you may join even just for the last month of the year.
- Series can be already completed as well as still ongoing. For ongoing series, the goal is to catch up to the most recent book published by the end of 2020.
- We don’t care if you have only 1 book or 10 books to read in order to finish your series, as long as you’ve started the series before 2020 (ie read at least one book in the series), it counts. Re-reads are not required.
- Any format and length of book counts – print, ebook, audio, ARC, etc.
- Series can be any length (even if it’s just a Duet).
- Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable!
- Reviews are not required, but highly encouraged.
How to Play:
- Declare your intentions to participate in this challenge somewhere on the internet!! You do not need to be a blogger to participate, there are many ways to declare. You could write a blog post, create a reading challenge page, create a Goodreads shelf containing series you hope to finish, post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Some things you could include (but that aren’t required):
- A link to this page so that others may find us and join the fun as well (feel free to download the button at the top to use in your posts).
- A list of series you hope to read for this challenge. You could even get fancy and list the length of the series, or the books you’ve already read, etc.
- The level you are aiming for.
So that’s the basics. I’m going to aim high for the “A-List Finisher = 9 series” because I have at least that many that I do need and had intended to get caught up on – so it works perfectly for me, and it’ll be fun to track my progress. I’ll add an update paragraph to this post in a day or so. I need to go over my bought and haven’t read yet list to pick out the series that qualify for this challenge — and as a reminder to myself.
If this sounds like something you’d like to do then, head on over to the official sign up page and look over all the details for yourself. I think it’s going to be fun – so, good luck & happy catch up reading!
Series I Need to Catch Up On:
Uptown Girls by Joanna Shupe
- The Rogue of Fifth Avenue
- The Prince of Broadway
- The Devil of Downtown